Climate change is one of the most pressing issue of our times (you can find the basic facts about it here). One important factor in shaping our definitions of and responses to climate change are mass media as central fora of information exchange and opinion formation. This is why we study…
- how online and traditional media represent climate change
- how these representations vary from country to country and between different types of media
- how journalistic routines and media logics frame media content
- how scientific and political actors seek to advance their views on climate change
- how different actors connect in networks of climate change communication
- how all of this shapes knowledge and opinion formation, action and inaction on climate change
A list of our completed and current projects is accessible on our university website.