• Online survey to measure journalist frames
• Content analysis to measure news frames
• Holistic approach to measure generic frames
• Modular approach to measure issue-specific frames (causes, problems, and solutions)
• Climate journalists: Authors of articles on climate change at leading news outlets (elite, regional, and popular press, online) in CH, DE, GB, IN, US (N = 64)
• Their print and online articles published in 2011 and 2012 (N = 750).
• First- and second-order principal component analyses to identify issue-specific frames
• Bivariate correlations and (hierarchical) multiple linear regression analysis to identify relations between journalist frames and news frames.